Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Favorite Salad


This is my favorite salad of all time. The recipe is from Sue Weiler, a chef and instructor in Cleveland. I hadn't had the salad in a couple of years. Low and behold, I walked into Whole Foods one Saturday and smelled the distinct aroma of fried Halloumi cheese. It was on! Thanks to Sue, I had the perfect recipe for this.

Halloumi is one of the coolest cheeses ever. It doesn't melt, so you can grill it or fry it.

It's a firm cheese and slices easily.



Brown on both sides in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.


Let's get going on the salad dressing. Whip out your mini food processor. Miracle has a mini bowl, so I used that. Start with garlic and dill. I like a lot of both.

Take it all for a spin.


Add fresh lemon juice and a little honey. Stream in the olive oil while the processor is running. You should end up with something like this.



Now that the dressing is done, let's move on to the rest of the salad. Get some red and green grapes. Slice them in half.


Place your salad greens on a plate and add a couple of tablespoons of dressing.



Toss the greens and add the grapes and cheese. Good eating is immediately ahead!

Tools of the trade:

No comments: