Monday, September 3, 2012

The Making(s) of Meatloaf

And so it begins! My meatloaf is mixed and getting to know itself better in the refrigerator. I glanced at recipes from Alton Brown and Cook's Illustrated, but I didn't really follow either of them.

Here's the prep work.  My aromatics:


Post food processor mini bowl


That's ground turkey and spicy chicken sausage with wine and *gulp* cheese. I would have preferred either sweet or hot turkey sausage, but neither Target nor Trader Joe's were working with me. I refused to stop at the traditional grocery store; I felt two stores should be enough.


Here is where I started to doubt myself:  a little over two pounds of meat and just 1/4 C panko bread crumbs?? We'll see. The bread crumbs are soaking in a beaten egg with a few dashes of soy and Worcestershire sauces.

Isn't that colorful? Fresh parsley, dried thyme, seasoned pepper, kosher salt, tomato paste, more soy and Worcestershire.


Gently mixed and chillin' in the fridge. I couldn't resist adding more Worcestershire after I took the pic.

 
Lord, save me from crumbly meatloaf!

No comments: