Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting Started

It's that time of the year again :-) Turkey Day approacheth. I have company arriving on Tuesday this year, so my cleaning can't be as casual as it has been in years past.  

Let me just say how sometimes OCD is a great thing. Check out the freezer. Yeah, that's a lot of Community Coffee on the top shelf.


And the fridge


Left side of the pantry. Since I am a firm believer in the concept of extra, all of my flour and sugar won't fit in my countertop containers. Therefore, I have to employ Mr. Ziplock.


Right side of the pantry.  Oops! I forgot to do the teas!


Some lightweight cooking did occur. I made Crock-Pot smoked turkey wing stock for my greens. Three cartons of chicken stock, smoked turkey wings and nine hours overnight on low. I've been on a quest to amp up the smokey flavor in my dishes because turkey just ain't the same as pork. I'm hoping this slow-cooked stock is the answer.

I skimmed some of the fat off. I think I'm just going to refrigerate it and let the fat turn solid for easier removal.


Today's to do list? Pound cake, biscuits, spotless kitchen and sitting area (I need to give that space a name) and find the decorations.

No comments: