Thursday, September 20, 2007

Food & Friends


My favorite saying at work is, "I work with fools." We are a nutty group and we work hard and laugh loudly. I've made some really good friends. One of which is my former boss who never never misses an opportunity for a free meal.

The conversation usually starts with, "Whatcha cookin' tonight?" ... Okay, I'll be there at 7." So she and another co-worker were coming over on a Monday when I didn't get home until 5:30. The menu was a mix of favorites:

  • roast chicken
  • roasted veggies
  • fried corn

I combined two chicken recipes, Giada De Laurentiis' garlic and citrus chicken and Cook's Illustrated's high roast chicken. Yum-yum. Unfortunately, I didn't get to make the pan sauce in the citrus-chicken recipe, but it was still good.

The roasted veggies were the usual, baby carrots, onion, potato and fennel with fresh rosemary. I really do love my vegetables! The fried corn was good too.

The best part of the meal was getting to share it with friends during my favorite time of year (even though it's still in the 80s!)

No comments: