Sunday, January 27, 2008

On a Lighter Note

I know I've been extolling the virtues of waffles. I really do love them. Pancakes are okay. What makes them better than okay are if they are wheat or even better, buckwheat. (If you have an Original Pancake House near you; you should go immediately and get the buckwheat pancakes.) I found a delicious recipe for whole wheat pancakes by Ellie Krieger.

Mix the dry ingredients: equal parts whole wheat and AP flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Add the wet ingredients, buttermilk, milk, eggs and honey, to the dry.

The batter will be lumpy. (I don't think it's supposed to be this lumpy.) Next time, I think I will add a little more milk because I found the batter was too thick. I used 1/4 measuring cup to portion the batter. It would have been cool to use an ice cream scoop. Cook the pancakes on the first side until bubbles form around the edges and then flip.
Happy eating!

Tools of the trade:

No comments: