Friday, September 4, 2009

Almost!

I thought I would have big news to share last night. Things didn't go as planned, but I'll share today: I bought a camera!!!! A nice intermediate-level camera until I'm blessed with a Sony DSLR. That one is very far out in the future, but I'm happy with my current choice, an Olympus Stylus 1010. So that's the good news. The bad news is that I missed the delivery last night. It absolutely sucks that Olympus Auctions ships to only billing addresses. People work and need to have the option of sending stuff to where they hang out for eight hours a day. I'll find a way to get the camera today, even if it means working from home. I do have a deck to write, so that may not be a bad idea ... Anyhoo, I will not let the missed delivery dampen my spirits. I have a birthday cake request and I'm talking to someone about weekday lunches! The camera will be put to good use tomorrow. The cake is supposed to be a yellow cake with cream cheese frosting. I gotta find a way to dress that up. I'm waffling between pastry cream and buttercream as the filling. We'll see. I'll be out bright and early via public transit to pick up the ingredients. (I'm trying to figure out life with very limited car usage.)

No comments: