Monday, September 7, 2009

Fooling Around

I'm trying to figure out all the possibilities with my new camera. I had to laugh at myself after trying to figure out how to change the aperture and shutter speed. (Those functions aren't available on this camera. Guess that will have to wait until I hit the lottery and get a Sony DSLR.) Hmmm, I suppose you have to actually play the lottery to win.
Anyhoo, I made a cake over the weekend. I started to write the post, but it required too much thinking. I'm out of blogging practice! I made blueberry scones for breakfast this morning and I tried to get better acquainted with the camera. I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'll get a real post up sometime this week.
Check out the random shots.
Experimenting with the flash and white balance.
I chose this camera because it had the best macro capabilities in it's class.
I'm struggling a bit with super macro.
Had I gotten the focus right, this would have been my favorite:
I am going to go out on a limb and say this may be one of my last posts in Blogger. This just isn't working for posts with a lot of pictures. Each picture is inserted at the top of the post and screws up the paragraph spacing. Now that I'm trying to maintain two pic-driven blogs, I'm looking for ease of use. I'm testing out Wordpress for the sewing blog and it's great for pics. You can't use third-party widgets, so there is a trade-off. I still need to try Movable Type & TypePad. I'm looking for software that will allow me to host multiple blogs on the same page. I guess I want a website on the cheap.

No comments: