Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009: The Menu & The Schedule

Alright. Turkey Day approacheth. Since I have company coming, it's got to be traditional. Here's the plan:


 

Menu

 

  • Turkey
  • Dressing
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Yeast Rolls
  • Candied Yams (for the guests. In my old age, I'm not a big fan of candied yams anymore.)
  • Greens (traditional, sauteed & creamed) Here's why: Although creamed collards absolutely rock, they are simply too fattening to eat every time I reach for leftovers. I can eat sauteed greens every day, but not everyone embraces the concept like I do. I'll have some old school ones for backup.)
  • Sauteed Corn
  • Butternut Squash Ravioli (I have to have at least one new dish! I need the challenge.)
  • Pound Cake (this goes home with the guests)
  • Chocolate Cake (I've been beaten by this cake twice, I think. This is my year!)
  • Apple-Cranberry Pie
  • Sweet Potato Pie

 Schedule

 

 

Friday - buy turkey (done)

 

Tuesday

  •  Brine turkey
  • Make cornbread
  • Make ravioli
  • Make pie crusts
  • Make pound cake
Wednesday
  • Air dry turkey  
  • Prep veggies
  • Make pies
  • Make chocolate cake
  • Start Rolls

 Thursday
  • Bake turkey
  • Bake dressing
  • Make greens
  • Bake rolls
  • Make cranberry sauce
  • Make tea
  • Make Candied Yams
  • Cook Ravioli

 I already have plans for the leftovers:

  •  Sweet potato and corn chowder
  • Turkey noodle soup
  • Turkey salad
  • Sweet potato creme brulee

No comments: