Saturday, July 14, 2007

Retail Therapy

I am a planner, especially when it comes to entertaining. I do not like surprises in my home. Anyone is welcome, as long as we have a plan (and please don't change the plan). My family reunion is next week and I will have five family members staying in my two-bedroom apartment. My brother called Tuesday night to add a family friend. How-can-I-pull-this-off panic set in immediately. My beloved brother, who can flow with the wind, didn't understand my frustration.

I had just figured out how I was going to sleep six with one bed, a couch and an air matress last weekend. (The solution is an additional air matress). Now I have to figure out room for a seventh? I have about 1400 sq ft! Aaagh!!! Not to mention food for a crowd. Anxiety sets in with four. Six makes me extremely nervous. Seven feels like 15, but I'm sure I will manage.

After we hung up. I decided anger was worthless; my bother and I have different approaches. I understood his, but he didn't understand mine. I told myself that everything would be okay.

I was quite proud of my mature approach until I found myself plopping down $160 for the All-Clad 12" nonstick skillet. I needed to make eggs for a crowd! When stressed, I shop (usally for kitchen stuff), cook and eat. I told myself I was okay with the change, but I guess I wasn't.

Well, at least I didn't make a pizza!



No comments: