Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving #6: Keepin' It Movin'

I've had a pretty busy morning. Had to make an unplanned run to the office, but I'm still in a good spot. As far as the list goes, I should've made the pastry cream and prepped veggies by now, but that's okay.
space
I'll only have good light for pictures until about 4, so I'm taking just a small break now. Here's what's been going on in my kitchen today:
space
Remember Mr. Turkey from yesterday? I took him out of the brine, rinsed him really well and patted him dry. I then loosened the skin and slid truffle butter between the skin and the meat. This is easier said than done! The butter liked to stay on my hands instead of inside the turkey.
space
Here he is all dressed up in my refrigerator. After the butter hardened, I covered the pan in foil. space Once I got the turkey squared away and cleaned up everything that touched the turkey; I had to make my office run. I threw the sweet potatoes in the oven before I left. Here's a pictorial of the sweet potato pie.
Tools of the trade:

No comments: