Friday, August 31, 2007

Cake Decorating Success!!

I did it! I decorated a cake! It even has flowers! This was truly a labor of love and it took lots of practice outside of class. I struggle with the rose and the mum. I didn't even attempt the primrose, but I don't think it will be that hard. I'll add some leaves next time. Overall, not too shabby for Wilton II.

This is the second time I've taken the Wilton series. The first time I took it in Cleveland, it just didn't take. My current teacher, Lori, is fabulous. She's really patient and explains things in an easy to understand manner. It also helps that the class is offered at her store, so she's knowledgeable about supplies and can just walk over to a shelf, pick something up and use it as a teaching aid. If you want to learn cake decorating in Chicago, I highly recommend Cake Walk Chicago!

No comments: