Sunday, August 19, 2007

Certainly not the Orient Express

It took almost 30 minutes to eat dinner. It's very hard to chew on one side of your mouth with the food pushed to the very back (I had two teeth extracted). I didn't even finish the broccolini. The thought of one of those floret pieces ending up wedged in stitches was too much.

I tried my hand at Asian flavors again. I had edamame with sesame oil, marinated tuna (Chinese five-spice powder, ginger, garlic, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil) and broccolini. I infused canola oil with lemon zest, red pepper flake, garlic and ginger and drizzled that over the broccolini. Seasoned brown rice, rounded out the meal.

I'm trying to work on my plating skills, so although it's just me, I put everything on a platter. I think I'll get a digital camera for my birthday so I can take better pictures! The camera phone isn't made for this :-)

I really enjoyed the flavors and I'm improving the meal each time I make it. Eating it was an experience!

No comments: