Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lentils & Lunch


I love international flavors. What I love even more is getting to use a favorite piece of equipment. I got to break out the tagine and grill pan.; it was all about Morocco.


I used the tagine to rock lentils with preserved lemon, onion and oil cured olives. I would've braised the chicken in the tagine as well if I hadn't been using boneless skinless breasts. I brined them and fired them on the grill pan. Tonight's spices included turmeric, cinnamon, saffron, paprika, cumin and Cayenne. Parsley and cilantro rounded out the seasoning. If you want a good short cut, Williams-Sonoma has a wonderful tagine spice mix.

Dinner was excellent. I usually add a salad with fried Halloumi, but this was a spur of the moment decision. I packed up the leftovers in five containers for lunch this week. Life is good.

Tools of the trade:

No comments: