Thursday, February 14, 2008

Promises, Promises

Cherries were on sale at the grocery store and I couldn't resist. I hindsight, I should have. I didn't realize that they were out of season and of course my cherry clafoutis didn't turn out right. I was so excited by the prospect, but oh well. I halved the recipe, which I think was my downfall. I will not be defeated! I'll get it right next time.

Start with a buttered baking dish.

Combine the eggs and sugar. Beat until the custard ribbons (think zabligone).

Add flour and cream.
Briefly beat the egg whites and add them to the custard. Pour the cherries into the baking dish and add the custard.


I baked it according to the recipe (I'd forgotten that I'd halved the recipe.) Of course I ended up with an over-baked custard -- tasty, but rubbery. This is what happens when you try to do too many things at the last minute. (Hey, it was New Year's Day and I was worried about hot grease and chicken.)



Tools of the trade:

No comments: