Sunday, June 8, 2008

Copycat


Purple potatoes! The finished pictures don't do the dish justice (I had to use the flash and it's washed out the color). I'm getting ahead of myself. Thank you Deb at Smitten Kitchen for this recipe. It is excellent!


Start by boiling a pound of purple potatoes.





While those are becoming fork tender, finely chop shallot and garlic. (This is where I make a departure from the original recipe.




Add these to three tablespoons of cold good-quality extra virgin olive oil. Cook over low heat until the veggies soften.



I know these don't look special, but you just wait!



Mash them with a fork.



Add salt (fleur de sel if you have it, kosher salt at the least), freshly ground black pepper, the softened shallot and garlic and infused olive oil. If you're feeling extravagant, add one additional tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.


Add chopped parsley.

No comments: