Sunday, July 27, 2008

Adventures in Cake Decorating


I'm taking Wilton III, again. This is my third attempt: I lost my job during the first one and didn't feel like being around people. I just didn't have the time to complete the second one. The third time is the charm. This time, I'm seeing it through. (Even though I missed the first class; I was on vacation. Besides, I'd taken the first class two times before!) We're taking the classes at Cakewalk Chicago. Lori, the owner, is our instructor.

The second class is where you make your square cake look like a present. I just went for the bow on top. I have a short attention span and I'm not a huge fan of fondant. I'm so lazy that my cake was actually a Styrofoam square. I'm saving up for the Williams-Sonoma square cake pans. No square cakes until I buy them.

I'm taking the course with my coworkers. Here are their cakes. These women made homemade fondant. WTF??!:


I tease both of them because they have become Wilton crackheads. Every week, they are buying something new. Tiff gets an additional teasing because she brings so much crap to class. She has a tool caddy and a gigantic tub.




Tools of the trade:

No comments: